Looking for a "Sod Company Near Me"?
We offer professional guidance in selecting the right turf type as well as careful installation to ensure the success of your new lawn.
For an affordable choice for sod installation in Central Georgia, call SRB Grading. W offer central Georgia and Metro Atlanta reliable and affordable sodding services to help improve the look and feel of their outdoor environments. Don’t hire just any landscaping company to handle your sod replacement, call SRB Grading so you’ll know it will be done correctly. We are a local company and are very familiar with the Georgia climate, so we will be able to help you make an educated decision on what type of grass you’ll need for your particular lawn. By ensuring the ground has the right nutrients, oxygen, and moisture, we can increase the chances of your new sod taking root. Call us or fill out our contact form to schedule a consultation.
About Sod & Our Installation Process
Zoysia | Bermuda | Centepede | Fescue
Sod is pre-grown grass that is sold in sections. The grass and soil are held together by roots or other materials. It is very lush and vibrant and grows more evenly and without weeds. Whether you need sod installation or areas of your current grass need to be replaced, there are several steps that we take to ensure the sod takes root and flourishes:
- Clear the space and treat for weeds. It is very important to start with a clean base. We will remove the old grass carefully and ensure the area is ready for the new sod.
- Prepare the soil for the sode to take root successfully. Good quality soik is a necessity. We will add nutrient rich compost, till it, and grade to ensure proper root development and drainage will occur.
- Lay the sod. This is the tedious part of the process. We will lay the sod properly, one piece a time, to cover the area you desire.
- Roll the sod. We use special equipment to level out the sod and to make sure there is proper contact between the soil and the sod for optimal rooting.
- Water the Sod. This is probably the most important step of the process. We will educate you on proper watering techniques to ensure deep root growth.